Lead Autonomy Engineer
Airbotics Talent are working with a rapidly scaling drone / UAV manufacturer to recruit a Lead Autonomy Engineer based out of their headquarters in Texas. My client will support relocation across the US but are unable to support non-US citizens that require VISA support.
This role will help to drive solutions for challenging autonomy problems in UAV such as the design and testing of algorithms for navigation, tracking and stabilization of platforms. Remit will span software interfacing, OS, development of algorithms, simulation and optimization.
As Lead you will be the most senior Autonomy specific Engineer and take on larger projects. Whilst initially it will be a sole contributor role, mentorship and support of other department Engineers will be encouraged and leadership routes are available to those that excel.
Only candidates with experience of the following sectors can be considered for this role -
Drone, UAV, UAS, eVTOL, VTOL, UAM / AAM, Electric Aviation or Automotive.
This role can be worked on a hybrid basis but requires a minimum of two days per week in the office.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Strong C/C++ experience, with a focus on autonomy, planning and navigation
• A Degree or higher education in Software, Robotics, Computer Science, Physics or similar discipline
• Experience in developing navigation algorithms
• Prior experience in developing for mobile or embedded platforms such as NVIDIA XavierNX, Qualcomm Snapdragon, Intel Neural Compute Stick etc
• A minimum of 4 years experience, ideally 6+
• Applied these principles to one of the following sectors - Drone, UAV, UAS, eVTOL, VTOL, UAM / AAM, Electric Aviation or Automotive
Preferred, but not essential:
• Specific light class UAV experience
• Some familiarity with ROS/2 or PX4
• Factor graph or GTSAM experience
• Experience with Python
Our client are looking to hire this role immediately, so if interested please submit your application with attached resume today for consideration!
Airbotics Talent are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. All candidates sourced and submitted to our clients are based solely on suitability to our clients requirements without prejudice of age, sexual orientation, gender, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, veteran or military status or marital status.